Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How do you know if you were marked on a performance for the quality and not b/c the teacher felt sorry for u?

i jus did a performance and i got so much better than everyone else....i usually am really nervous and i can recall fumbling on alot of my lines...the only thing is, is that i was honest with the character, and i started crying with the build up of emotions from the story...would that have boosted my mark?

How do you know if you were marked on a performance for the quality and not b/c the teacher felt sorry for u?
did you feel you did better? if yes, then you did great!


but one thing to keep in mind.. .is the teacher professional? if he/she is, then he/she shouldn't be giving marks just because they feel sorry ...





keep up the good work :D
Reply:This is what I did.


It takes time.


Every Play or Musical I did I usually got the part i asked for, I was even called in for parts i did not even know about.


I thought " Wow ..Maybe the Theaters in the Area ( there where about 4 ) Just know who I am and feel comfortable in calling me..Maybe I am not that good and they Know I will always be at rehearsals"


So I did the shows and I moved out of town for a few years.


I Auditioned in a New town where they did not know me for Tito in lend me a tenor..Got it !


I auditioned 30 miles away from there for Sweeney in Sweeney Todd..Got that also.


So I now felt pretty good. Now at almost 50 years of age I have to be more choosing. I can No longer play the Juvenal i once did. you have to look also at what you would like to portray. Choose the part fitted to you.


as my fav. quote is.


" Don't worry about where yo are in a curtain call, The Applause will tell you where you should be"


Gnome


No comments:

Post a Comment